Situated across the road from Ratanga Junction Theme Park, nested between Woolworths and the Colosseum Protea Hotel, Time Square Cafe is hidden away, filled with interesting people, good food and great friendships waiting to be discovered!!We all have our random hang-out places. The place we take our clients to for a meeting, the place we go to after work for a beer and chat to random people, the place we go to to party!
I have one such place where I do all three... Time Square Cafe in Century City. I go there often, so often that my mom and I should have SHARES in the place! Not to say we are alcoholics! We love the vibe there :)
My journey with this place began when it was News Cafe.. I got a job there as a waitress in 2007 until I started studying my BTech in PR Management, met my boyfriend there (together now for 3 and a half years) and met fantastic people! Since, it has changed ownership and is now called Time Square Cafe (No affiliation to News Cafe).It is the place I go to when I don't feel like making breakfast, or if I want to eat take aways. They have the BEST platters at the BEST prices! We have built a 'family' of friends and always meet new people! Especially foreigners staying at the Colosseum Protea Hotel! We have experienced the drunkest of people, and the nicest of people. We have met people from all over the world, and have been friends with some of the people for over 3 years! I don't think it is an average place where you invite your friends out for a drink after work. If they don't come, you are SURE to meet new people!
That's the one thing I love about this place! It is so chilled and laid back! Everyone makes friends with everyone! Whether you are a student (Like me), or a millionaire! I especially love the vibe on weekends when there is rugby, cricket or other sports that everyone watches on the big screens, or the DJ that plays on Friday nights and during the week when everyone gets together for a chat about their careers and lives. They are ALL so interesting!
Owned by the Ratanga Junction group, it is no surprise that this place is buzzing and it is a place where "Time is well spent, Time after Time."
I just thought I would share this place with my readers :) Come make a turn and say hello!!
http://www.timesquarecafe.co.za/

No comments:
Post a Comment