Total Pageviews

Mar 31, 2011

We are what we do

Nope, I disagree...We are what we do because:

We are told to - by influence
We are forced to - not by choice
We are asked to - by sympathy
We want to - by choice

We are what we do because we want to is the hardest way to truly be who you want to be, because there are a million reasons why you can't, like financial constraints, lack of resources, lack of skills. If I could ask you right now if you are truly happy with what you do in life, what would your answer be?

I wish I could be who I want to be - A photographer, but I can't be because of financial constraints. I have instead chosen another career that is..fulfilling but my heart still lies with what I truly want to do... Photography. I can develop my skills through experience yes, but choosing another career has taken up my life and photography unknowingly became a 'thing of the past' for a while. I wish I had the time to learn the skills I want to. I wish I can capture the image I see in front of me exactly like that!






In another context, I still don't agree that you are what you do, because we are all constantly learning. Old people are what they do, because they have wisdom. Young children, teenagers and adults are not what they do because they are still learning the lessons of life! They go through their up's and down's and learn lessons from experiences and do things differently as they go along. I think the biggest mistake people make is to judge a book by it's cover.I have learnt big lessons in life:

Always be honest, don't be fake, don't hold back if something offends you, don't judge a person by face-value and treat others the way you want to be treated!

2 comments:

  1. #smed11 Good Read. Your photography background and skills will be one of your most valuable assests in the PR working environment. I differ with you in that there are many young people giving of their time, passion, dedication and commitment to create a better world for the less fortunate - leaving a lasting memory/legacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in that my photography skills will help me a lot in the PR field. I feel passionate about taking unexpected photos of people, creating movement and that type of thing.

    I also agree with you on the young people dedicating their time to help the less fortunate, but to do it they were told to, or encouraged to and therefore did it because they wanted to. In that sense, they are what they do because they do it by choice :)

    ReplyDelete