Total Pageviews

Apr 25, 2012

It's a bad idea to lie to yourself

Obvious, isn't it? Easy not to do. isn't it? Nope, not that easy..

I have found most people to be honest, to be compassionate and understanding, patient and loving towards friends and strangers alike. Similarly, other people are dishonest and unhappy with life. To me, the one thing that distinguishes this line is learnt behaviour..


We are all raised differently - with parents, without parents, safe environments, unsafe environments and taught to live a certain life. We are taught what is right and wrong based on who raises us and their beliefs. We don't always have the freedom to express who we truly are, with the fear of being judged or misunderstood by the people who raised us, friends, family and what we've learnt along the way.


As I get older and wiser, I experience the ups and downs of the way in which I was raised. Every day I am presented with a lesson, opportunity or decision that forces me to change the way I see the world - This is called experience.


We all have a 'gut' feeling, some of us understand it and make a decision based on this feeling, and others choose to ignore it because of fear - This is called 'lying to yourself'. 


To be truly happy, means taking a leap of faith, means listening and putting into action what we feel and learning to express who we truly are around people who accepts us for who we truly are. 


"What you believe about yourself today, will affect who and where you are tomorrow --> Dream is destiny" - TheCITY - Dream is Destiny


True love can only be shared - with each other!

2 comments: