Total Pageviews

Apr 18, 2012

The sound of one hand clapping


When I think of one hand clapping, I think of a Djembe (or Jah Drums), I think of Napalma and I think about Coffee Bay...

Ah yes, Coffee Bay, which derived its name in 1893 after a ship filled with coffee beans sailed in. One of the most magical places I’ve ever been to! I had the chance to take a road trip up there from Cape Town in January 2010, a week I will forever be grateful for!

The silence, away from everyday life, simple living, happy and friendly people, amazing pizza’s, beaches and don’t forget the hole in the wall. But the best part was night time, when all you could hear was people playing the Djembe! No radios, just the sound of one hand clapping at a time!

Next time you decide to take a holiday, consider Coffee Bay. It truly was a life changing experience for me!

I created a short video to capture the essence of my experience there à Music by Napalma called 'Sinha'. Pictures taken by me, and some by Sarah McAdam. 











1 comment:

  1. Well written. I’m going. No travel website could have punted coffee bay any better.

    ReplyDelete