Total Pageviews

Apr 25, 2012

Lesson learnt after car break-in

My car got broken into twice in 10 days, not a very exciting time buy HEY! At least I learnt a lesson..

Firstly, bad things happens to everyone obviously. This experience made me feel violated, upset and cost a lot of money to repair. There is no point in asking why it happened.

But the best part of the break-in is when the Traffic Dept called me to let me know someone had picked up my drivers' licence and I could go and collect it at their house. I made the phone call and the teenager on the other side said I could go at anytime of the day as the lady will be there. I went there the next day.

It was heart breaking to see where they live, purely because I'm not used to going into poor communities. A young boy opened the door, and called his mommy (or aunt, not sure). There were three kids watching TV on a couch that is torn and old.

The happy lady gave me my licence back, explaining where it was picked up and I thanked her by giving her two  massive slab chocolates.. Somehow I feel I should have rewarded her financially for doing such a great deed.

As I drove away, I felt grateful but sad at the same time. I wish I could help poor communities live comfortably. I wish I could make a difference to everyone struggling! I snapped back into the realization that I'm lucky to have what I have.

Out of every bad situation comes a lesson. My purpose was to meet this wonderful woman and to be reminded  to be grateful for what I have.

Some inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment