I learnt a big lesson yesterday.
My best friend and I had a massive fall out. I decided that
we can talk and sort everything out when she returns from her 10-day holiday in
Thailand with her mom. Second day there the earthquake hit Indonesia... 400km
away from where they are. First thought to go through my mind... What if she
dies and I never got the chance to say I’m sorry...
Suddenly the fight we had seems silly and unnecessary. All I’m
doing now is hoping the 8.6 magnitude earthquake doesn’t cause a devastating tsunami
like the one in 2004. I’m phoning her dad constantly and finally he gets a
phone call from them saying they were evacuated to higher grounds and they are
safe. By some miracle the earthquake didn’t cause a tsunami at all and she goes
online on Facebook 4 hours later! She Skype’s me and we both cry, apologising
and crying about what had just happened!
Moral of the story! Before you decide to take the silence
route after a fight, think first if it is worth wasting time over.
‘
Life is short’ has taken a place deep in my heart and I’m
grateful to have my friend and her mom back.
So this blog is dedicated to my best friend Natasha and our crazy adventures together !! --->
 |
| * Natasha and I * - Photo taken by 'unknown random in Cape Town'. |
 |
| Young and innocent... :) 2009 |
 |
| Beaverlac rock jump 2009 |
 |
| Brass Bell |
 |
| Drunken karaoke at Brass Bell |
 |
| Decko Dance 2011 |
 |
| Halloween Party 2011 |
 |
| Jacuzzi! |
 |
| Kings of Leon in Cape Town 2011 - YES, we are licking a... what is that?? |
 |
| Kings of Leon pre-party |
 |
| Masqued Ball trance party 2010 |
 |
| Masqued Ball 2011 |
 |
| My late 21st / 22nd birthday bash - 2009 |
 |
| Simone and Tash 2012 - Photo taken by 'unknown at Brass Bell, Cape Town' :) |
 |
| Tash 21'st - |
 |
| Up The Creek 2012 |
Jeepers that hectic. Glad you got over your little tif. You always hear about these sorts of stories, I think just hearing it from someone close to home makes it that much more real that things like that do happen. Touch wood
ReplyDeleteSo true. We both felt heart by our fight, but after that earthquake it seems silly and not worth the silence. I couldn't believe when I saw an earthquake so close to where they were! Crazy! BIG lesson learnt! :)
Delete