My cloud of character
Organised, Open-minded,
Romantic, Musical, Food-lover, Traveller,
I n d e p e n d e n t , Generous, Happy,
Deep, Interesting,
Afrikaans, English,
Social Media Guru, O n l i n e,
Hard-working, UniQue, Panentheist, Underestimated, Passionate,
M i s u n d e r s t o o d, Listener, UnLucky,loYal, Shy, Fiddly, Nervous, Coffee, Blue & Brown, Clumsy,
P H O t O g R A P H E r,
The though of telling anybody about who I am makes me nervous! My heart beats faster and I start to fiddle uncontrollably! Below are just observations of who I think I am and my cloud of character above explains what I have been and experienced.
I should have been named clumsy!
To what extend you may ask? you tell me! I once fell in between the gap of the tube and the platform in London. They always say 'Mind the Gap' - Well I didn't and no one helped me. Once I was drunk in a club and forgot there was a big step in front of me and suddenly there was nothing and I found myself down on the floor. Another time, was running backwards on the beach trying to catch a ball and, you guessed it, there was a nice big fat piece of tree stump right behind me and I tripped over it. Or a more recent one where I tripped over my own feet, flat on the floor, twice while jogging with a group of ladies.
Luck? What's that?
I always get caught! Dammit it's like someone put a spell on me swearing that if I ever tried to be naughty or do something wrong I would get caught!
Like the first time I smoked at another school during a netball/rugby tournament on a Saturday. I sat behind one of the buildings with two girlfriends and puffed away. That Monday, the Vice-Principal called us into his office, tells us how disappointed he is in us, and turns to me and says "Michelle, I am especially disappointed it YOU! I never expected this from you!" Geez thanks! My first time of being naughty and I get completely ripped apart.
Or like the first time I lied to my mom... My cousin and I met two boys, went and visited them while my mom was at work. The two of us decided to walk to the mall and back, hand-in-hand and GUESS who drives past us at that exact moment? My mother! Anyway, point proven and moving on.
WHO am I?
My life revolves around music and the online world - Without these two, you might as well kill me now!
non-smoker?!
ReplyDeleteHey Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI'm battling to see the point to your blog post - I get that you're clumsy & get caught (which is really funny, by the way) but why would anyone else want to read any of this?
I loved your marketing tweet by the way, very smart. But why didn't you carry it through on your blog here? I think it would have made sense to end off with the same thing, something like:
"So now you know how clumsy I can be, but I want to hear about YOU now! Tell me in the comments what your clumsy/embarrassing moments are."
I feel that would have given your blog post a point, and also ended off with a call to action so that people are prompted to comment.