Total Pageviews

May 17, 2011

Shifting my life approach

The last couple of months were... INTERESTING!

Photos: Taken from Essence of Life on Facebook

  1. I changed from Full-Time to Part-Time studies  - a decision that took a lot of my willpower to do. I needed a change! I needed to re-evaluate where I stand in life and make a decision that is best for me and me only! After all, I am the one that has to answer to myself!
  2. I opened up my scarred heart after 12 years of cropped up hurt and anger to the person who caused it, that backfired in my face..But will hopefully fix itself soon.
  3. I quit smoking - An 8-year habit that I thought I would never let go! I now enjoy my Black Stone Cherry Cigar all too often (Note the 'my') and need to fight this new 'addiction', but believe that if I can quit smoking cigs, I can give up cigars easy. I just need to want to do it.
  4. I joined a Bootcamp - Now exercising 5 days a week, 6am - 7am in the morning, but still struggling to eat healthy therefore not losing the weight I should!
  5. I had my first car accident - A guy rear-ended me at a red robot! Big shock, but not serious.

Photos: Taken from Essence of Life on Facebook

With all these changes came many challenges, one being the Unknown.... The scariest thing in life for me but also the MOST EXCITING! Not knowing what will happen tomorrow, job-hunting, where the money will come from, what to do, who I will meet, what I will see, where I will go, who I will help..?!

Photos: Taken from Essence of Life on Facebook
The exciting part is, I decided to start with the way I think instead of worrying and stressing the whole time, I decided to find people and places that give me the inspiration and determination to find what I want without knowing when it would come... And to cut out the people who didn't fit this criteria.

I discovered amazing people and amazing places that just makes me smile! That truly makes me happy and motivates me to do more, better, harder and to enjoy doing everything that comes my way!


I look at pics of me today, compared to a few months ago (perhaps years) ago and see that my smile is now one of pure happiness, of less worrying and more doing and enjoyment, all because of the POWER OF MY MIND!












Therefore, my new motto, for now, is:

"Just do it! Say YES to something I've never done"



Photos: Taken from Essence of Life on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment