Total Pageviews

May 18, 2012

Feelings follow behaviour

I behave a certain way because I feel a certain way, correct? My answer is maybe!

I was unemployed for over a year and I felt demotivated, my car got broken into twice in a space of 10 days and in the first three days of my new job of parking in town, I got slapped with a parking fee of R270! You can imagine my feelings.. and my behaviour!

BUT the good news is, feelings don't follow behaviour! I had the choice to either flip, punch the car guard in the stomach because he is charging me R90 a day to park in town, or I could have gone into the dodgy area to find the guys who broke into my car, or I could have lashed out at everyone who has a job, but instead I chose to accept what happened and re-directed my behaviour towards the fact that 'Everything happens for a reason'. NEVER have I doubted this saying because in the end, something good has ALWAYS come out of it! For example: I found a great job and cheap parking space that is safe and close to my work. I can now have lunch with the bf everyday if I choose because we work three minutes away from each other. My car looks better than ever, some things are fixed that never would have been if my car didn't get broken into. So there you go! Shit happens, but it happens for a reason! 

Have a FANTASTIC weekend and don't be shy to have as much fun as you possibly can! 

Very wise words from a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment