Total Pageviews

May 7, 2012

Wedding cake in the middle of the road

The one thing I enjoy more than anything is to be given a challenge and to get it right. When I get it right, I feel a deep satisfaction of success. Sometimes, it irritates me, sometimes it sparks creativity and sometimes I fail miserably! But in the end, it's all in the name of fun.

Therefore, I'm going to dedicate this post to the outrageous and magical blog topics that I have to write about throughout the year, every week, by my Media Studies 3 lecturer, Marian Pike, until I complete my Degree in Public Relations Management at the end of the year!

Let's start with this topic - The reason I'm dedicating this post to the blog topics as a whole, and not to "Wedding-cake-in-the-middle-of-the-road", is because I can't find synergy between 'wedding cake' & 'in the middle of the road'... There is indeed a history and strong symbolism to wedding cakes as explained in Rainbow Weddings' blog and I can safely say this where 'Wedding cake in the middle of the road' makes sense to me. The blog states that a baker was on his way to a massive wedding with many cakes, stacked, but when the bumpy road caused the cakes to collapse, the baker creatively mixed it all together. It is said that this is where bakers were set free to design any type of wedding cake, instead of a traditional one type. Check out the 57sec clip of 'Amazing wedding cakes' below. Pretty impressive!

The fun thing about getting tasked to write about titles like 'Wedding-cake-in-the-middle-of-the-road', is that I discover something new and interesting every time, and get excited about what I will be writing on next --> 'It is better to practice a little that talk a lot'.

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment