Total Pageviews

Jun 5, 2012

June 5th, 2012 - Airport mission

I am happy to share that my life has been blessed with clumsiness, random events and lots of giggles. Having said that, I have decided to share the days that make me giggle because of my own stupidity, clumsiness or talent to do before I think. Here goes my adventure from yesterday.



06h45 - Started my day with the boyfriend and his dad jump starting my car to get to work because the car wouldn't start from the day before. *1 
07h50 - Got to my mechanic exactly 31km away from where I was, being told my starter has given in, so my car needs to be left there for the day. *2
10h00 - Finally get home and carry Kyle's bags (and mine) up to the flat and start working. *3
15h30 - Car is ready to be collected! YAY! The mechanic Dave picks me up with me carrying Kyle's two big bags which kept falling on the floor because I was carrying too much stuff. He helps me carry it to the car. 
16h00 - Now I have to pick up Kyle in Cape Town CBD to take to the airport before peak traffic. So I make a sneaky illegal U-turn with him in the car. *4
16h02 - Traffic cop pulls me over, asking for licence, explaining why he pulled me over, and eventually letting me go with a stern warning. 
16h45 - Get to the airport, 
18h00
Say good bye to Kyle and head down to the pay station to pay for parking. First of all, the parking cost R32, I had R15 in my wallet. Went back inside, drew money, went back to the pay station, and the machine gave me R10 short. I then went on the hunt for my car-- YES I FORGOT WHERE I PARKED! :). Get to my car eventually and I wouldn't start... Eventually I got it started. went home and crashed. I was in bed at 9pm... 

What a day! How was yours? :) 

Side notes:
*1 --> My bf and I both work in Cape Town, THREE MINUTES away from each other! What a pleasure!
*2 --> I stayed over at Kyle's house, and I live 25km away on the other side of Cape Town. So this is my regular mechanic man called Dave (legend)!! 
*3 --> I work in town but had to work from home because I didn't have a car..And he had two bags because I'm taking him to the airport. I had two bags because I stayed over for the weekend. 
*4 --> If you take the wrong turn in Cape Town CBD, you will stay in the same place for an hour during peak traffic! THIS was close to peak traffic time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment