What you eat today, becomes YOU tomorrow - Best piece of advice ever!
My motivation in health and exercise:
Motivation is a difficult feeling to achieve. It is different for all people and depends on the goal to achieve.
My motivation comes from learning from my own mistakes and evaluating others’ mistakes too. A lot of my own motivation also comes from the lessons I learnt in the past and it makes me feel motivated to change something or improve it.
For example I used to be a top athlete at school. I did athletics (hurdles, high jump, shot put, long jump, long distance running) Tennis, Netball (for 10 years) and I was pretty good at it!
When I left school, all that exercise stopped and the fat flabs started appearing everywhere (a disappointing, frightening feeling, and I’m sure many women can relate to this). After picking up about 10kg, I felt demotivated, unhealthy, uncomfortable and wanting to get back into it. After 6 years, I joined Adventure Bootcamp for Women because I realized being in the gym alone is pointless, and my competitive side increases with group exercises and I push myself harder and I LOVE food too much.. :) It was expensive and I could not afford it but I figured that if I feel comfortable in my body, I would make better life decisions and my life direction would be positive. I was part of an amazing team of women for a year and learnt a lot from them. I had to stop due to financial constraints but I feel motivated to make little changes every day for the better good of my health.
This is what motivates me to better my health every day;
- Park my car far away and speed walk to work (I have a hectic schedule and regular exercise is hard to achieve);
- Block the thought that there is a lift and run up the three flights of stairs to the office;
- EAT breakfast, whether I'm hungry or not. It gives me sustained energy and prevents me from naughty snacking….
- When getting take-away or eating out, I eat SALAD instead of chips (VERY hard for me & I feel like punching a wall, but I do it) or eat a vegetarian option (I'm not vegetarian)..
- Keep a full bottle of water next to my desk at ALL times! It helps identify when I am hungry and when I am thirsty.
![]() |
| Created by: MissRamsay :) |
That's my daily motivation to stay healthy and create a balance that suits my lifestyle. What is yours?

No comments:
Post a Comment