Total Pageviews

Aug 31, 2012

Feeling inspired by Paralympians

Du Toit lost her leg in
a scooter accident in  2001
Last night I was watching the swimming events at the London Paralympics 2012 and felt inspired by what these athletes have achieved regardless of their disabilities.

Firstly, being South African, I felt proud to watch Natalie Du Toit win her 11th Gold Medal in the Women's 100m backstroke - S9 last night (30 August 2012) AND she is still competing in SIX events!

Natalie's Paralympics 2012 profile
GOLD Medalist - Nats Du Toit

Who truly inspired me was this man....

Tao Zheng from the Republic of China - He has no arms and not only won a Gold medal in the Men's 100m Backstroke S6, but broke the WORLD RECORD that had been standing for eight years and he is competing in THREE more events.

Tao Zheng wins a gold medal and breaks the World Record
I'm looking forward to feeling inspired for the next week! London 2012 Paralympics

No comments:

Post a Comment