Total Pageviews

Nov 14, 2012

How much do you know about sleep?

I took a quiz a while ago about how much I know about sleeping. I was surprised that I got 2 out of 10...
I decided to research it a bit. We all need sleep! Why? Researchers still can't say...

I've been struggling to sleep at least 7 hours a night due to high work demands and stress. It lead to bad lifestyle choices and irregular sleeping schedules. If you are living the same lifestyle, here are some tips to help you sleep better:

6 ways to get more sleep:

  1. Use your bed only for sleeping and sex
  2. Turn all electronics off at least 30 minutes before bed time
  3. Keep consistent bed times and wake up times
  4. Get regular exercise
  5. Remove 'visual clutter' from your room
  6. Get checked for sleep apnea


There are many things we can change on a daily basis to sleep better at night. Naps are good, increased light exposure during the day, boosting melatonin production, staying away from big meals at night (my biggest problem) and you can even try doing a sleep schedule!

Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment