
A couple of years ago I realised my life was boring...
How do you realise your life is boring? Well, you get tired of eating the same food, you dread going to the same places, doing the same things..
So I set a goal to say YES to everything. Let me just define 'YES' --> To me 'yes' means doing harmless, legal things that I had never done before. For example at Spur I used to order the Cheddamelt Chicken Schnitzel with onion rings and crispy chips everytime --> Still my FAVOURITE! At McDonalds I used to order a Large No 5 - 2 x Junior Cheese Burgers & Chips with Fruit Juice. Pizza used to be a Regina, Homemade pasta used to mean Spaghetti Bolognaise.
When I started saying yes to things, I discovered a whole new world of possibilities, adventures, opportunities and discovered a different world. What I didn't expect was to find out what truly made me happy!
![]() |
| Beaverlac jump |
Knowing what I like and what makes me happy is easy.. Trying new things and opening myself up to new possibilities proved difficult and scary!
The hardest and bravest 'YES' I ever did was jumping off a rock at Beaverlac... I SHAT myself! To get up there, you have to climb up a rock and someone has to help you up. You can't climb back down and have to jump. I was trying to make sense of why I put myself in that situation and told myself --> If it not going to kill you it's only going to make you stronger!
If I were the boss of people, I would force everyone to climb out of their comfort zones EVERY DAY! To try new things EVERY DAY! To experience other people's beliefs and lives.
If I were the boss of people I would encourage everyone to live life to the fullest! You never know who you might meet along the way :)
Some of my most memorable experiences -->
![]() |
| Hiked up Lion's Head |
![]() |
| Discovered Nutellacchino |
![]() |
| Discovered my favourite meal :) |
![]() |
| I graduated :) |
![]() |
| Found inner happiness |
| Started volunteering at the Two Oceans Aquarium |
![]() |
| Through all of my YES experiences, I discovered true love x |









i am officially in love with your spirit. I just love this post, it is so inspiring and more people should read this. Also, writing from your heart, about personal things is never easy so well done for making it seem so effortless xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Roxanne! It's awesome to know someone appreciates what I write about as much as you do! :)
DeleteThis is so touching! The quest for happiness is an ever ending one and it always inspires me to find people like you who have achieved it! Well done!
ReplyDeleteIt's an ongoing battle - Saying yes to things. It's always a challenge to choose when to say yes and when to say no without regretting the decision. But I must say, it's been good so far! I'm happy that I inspired you and excited to see you post about your YES experiences! :)
DeleteTotally inspiring! Just love it _ make me one start being brave and saying YES!
ReplyDeleteDO IT! It's an incredible feeling!! :D I want to see your 'YES' posts too!! :D
Delete