This blog is dedicated to Cape Town.
The first time I came to Cape Town was when I was very young. I don't remember much so I'm skipping that part...
The first real memory and first time (second) I visited Cape Town was in 2006 at age 18 when the company I worked for flew the Head Office staff down to Cape Town for a week of team building in Paternoster. I was amazed by Cape Town's beauty as I drove from the airport all the way to Paternoster. I sat in the back seat memorising every scene along the way. A couple of months later, I resigned and went overseas to Manchester and London for 8 months. During the 8 months, I downloaded full-colour, A4-sized photographs of Table Mountain and Cape Town and secretly used the companies' printer and laminating machine to print and laminate it. On my return my mother was sent on a two year project from JHB to Cape Town and naturally I decided to join her in Cape Town!
I landed in Cape Town on June 10, 2007...and I still love waking up every morning, getting in my car and driving around using Table Mountain as my GPS! The places are spectacular and I feel lucky to be part of the Cape Town population!
I have taken over 18 500 pictures since being in Cape Town and the photo's below highlight some of my memories since 2007 --->
 |
| Sunrise |
 |
| Airshow |
 |
| Airshow |
 |
| Robben Island |
 |
| sunset |
 |
| Twilight Fun Run / Walk through Cape Town CBD |
 |
| Scarborough beach |
 |
| President Hotel |
 |
| Cape Town Stadium |
 |
| Cape Town from Table Mountain |
 |
| Clifton Beach from the top of Table Mountain |
 |
| Muizenberg beach from Boyes Drive |
 |
| Cape Floods in 2009 - In the Kirstenbosch / Newlands area |
 |
| Studies - Cape Peninsula University of Tecnology - DJ Fresh at the decks |
 |
| Kirstenbosch Gardens Summer Concerts |
 |
| Llandudno Beach |
I love Cape Town!
Your photos my friend, are so beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThank you FP!
ReplyDeleteMich, it is a beautiful ode to Cape Town, as a non Kaapie. And I think that your pictures add to the story's brilliance.
ReplyDeleteHow long do I need to live in Cape Town to become a Kaapie ? :D Just kidding, I consider myself a Kaapie by heart! x
Delete