Yesterday exactly a year ago, on Valentines Morning, I began a journey..
![]() |
| Century City Good Foods Market |
Feeling brave, I registered for the 5-day a week, 6am - 7am camp instead of easing into the 3-day a week option. Situated in the heart of Century City at the beautiful Central Park Club House, my first session started on Monday, 14 February 2011. My fitness level was tested and as I anticipated -->
I didn't have one as I was unable to do a lunge, pick up a 2kg weight and almost passing out after running about 1km..! By Thursday after attending every day, I was unable to walk, sit, stand, lie, laugh, use my arms and drive. Every...single...muscle in my body was aching and screaming 'STOP EXERCISING' ! I almost gave up...until I realised how much money I invested in this experiment including weights, a matt, running shoes and of course training gear because I had fattingly outgrown what I had in my cupboard.
![]() |
| Bootcamp in action |
Memories over the last year:
-> I fell at least 5 times! Either against a pole or tripping over my own feet.
-> I overcame shin splints, back pain & got permanent scars from tripping.
-> I received the GI Jane award - the fastest out of all the ladies attending after eventually running 1.2km in 6min 5 sec.
-> I received the Miss Congeniality award for motivating the ladies
-> I built incredible friendships with the regulars
-> My fitness increased !
-> I lost 10kg's! (Could be more if I eat HEALTHY!)
I am fitter, happier and look forward to seeing the ladies every morning, bright and early, awaiting an hour of sweat, pain and laughter.
What a journey!!





No comments:
Post a Comment