Total Pageviews

Feb 16, 2011

Friend of foe?

On my way home from Blouberg, I stopped at a Robot, one I don't know well.

The robot turns red, and 2 seconds later my boyfriend says to me I can go because the green arrow is flashing. As he says it (and keep in mind it was TWO SECONDS), the man behind me aggressively honks his horn!

So I show him to just relax, and he starts swaying his arms and shouting at me, probably unaware that I can't hear him?! So I turn and go into the left lane to allow him to pass. He slowly drives past me and after I don't glance his way, he drives away faster!

So then a thought popped into my mind. Why did he aggessively hoot at me after TWO seconds? And why did he swear and sway his arms at me after I showed him to relax? If I was his wife or daughter would he do the same? If he knew me, would he react the same way? If I was his client, would he react the same way?

While I was waiting to pay my college fees at university, a qoute, stuck onto the wall at the teller lady's desk read: "Treat every personal and business relationship in life as if they were your best client." It is true and I think people should start thinking this way.

No WONDER people thank me profusely when I give them a gap in traffic, or give way for them to drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment