Total Pageviews

Feb 18, 2011

Spur initiative and food

After going grocery shopping, my mom and I decided to go to Spur. I've had bad experiences at Spur, not always, but had a bad impression of them. My mom opted for a steak and I unfortunately suffered from heartburn at the time so opted for a Veg platter.

As I walked in, I was greeted by MANY young ladies wearing yellow bibs. One directed us to our table, and a waitress came to take our order. After a little while, the manager came past and I couldn't resist but ask what is up with all the girls in the yellow bibs. He told me that it was girls from a highschool in the area. I tried asking what the initiative was but couldn't get a clear answer out of him. He did however say that most of the people in the restaurant were the parents of the girls working there that night so obviously the initiative is working for them financially.

I went onto their website to explore the initiative, but there is no information about it.... The manager said that their next ad is going to mention the initiative. Ok... when? Why is there no info on the website?

I was very impressed with my choice on the menu! First I thought the Veg platter wouldn't be nice because they specialise in meat and seafood. But my starter Calamari & Rice (which i shared with my mom), and Veg platter consisting of crumbed mushrooms, fresh salad and a Feta, Butternut and Rosemary mini quiche was AMAZING! My mom's steak was perfect and the service was great!

I wish all Spur franchisors would run their Spur's this way! But the manager also said that it is difficult to run it efficiently because the Owner wants things to run his way, and also run it under the Spur policies... And you telling me this why?

No comments:

Post a Comment