So this is what happened to me yesterday....
After uni I went to a local Cafe/Restaurant in my area. I took my laptop and books and thought, inestead of going home and getting distracted, I'll sit on a confy couch and read up on my notes drinking an ice cold beer. Now I don't drink much at all, but It was soooo hot I felt like a nice ICE cold Savanah!
Then I bumped into friends (sitting on the couch I wanted!) They are also locals and live in the area, so I decided to have the beer with them and later do some reading.
As they left, I got out my laptop ready to plug it in. A man sitting at the table next to me turns around and invites me to join them. I say thank you but I have to do some work. He almost insists and eventually the conversation turns to my relationship.... He says something in the line of "I see there is no ring on your finger so I was just wondering."
I tell him that I've been a relationship for 3 and a half years. He starts telling me that after 3 months he knows if he wants to marry a woman or not, puts a ring on her finger and makes things final. I try to explain to him that I'm still studying and I don't want to get married now and that I want to get married by 30 and then have kids.
He insists that if my boyfriend doesn't ask me to marry me by April Fools this year, he will meet me there and ask me to marry him. So I INSIST that I don't want to get married now and that it just won't happen.
Eventually he ends up on the couch next to me and makes a deal that in 7years (when i'm 30) we will meet back at this Cafe and he bets me a bottle of Johny Walker Blue that I will not be married and tells me when I'm 45 my child will be 15 and it's not right etc. He can take care of me and has the money. So I tell him that my boyfriends' dad just walked in, and then (my saveour) my boyfriend walks in. I get up, give him a kiss and say I'm on my way to sit with them. As I pack up my things, this guy tells me to call my boyfriend over. I tell him that he must go to him because HE wants to talk to HIM.
I go to my man, sit down and this guy comes over... By now I told him my name (and surname), my boyfriends' name and how long we have been dating. He comes over, calls my boyfriend by name, and asks him when he will make a real woman out of me (marry me). My man shyishly says not now. The guy turns to me and says, this guy will NEVER make a real woman out of you! Starts telling me that his something someone family member plays golf with Zuma, and he has a project that is worth millions and I should cross over to the black side... If I marry him, my kids will have everything, and if I marry my boyfriend our kids will just be kids because we won't have BEE, etc etc....
At this point I said ok dude, you are taking it a bit far now... My boyfriend, the gentleman that he is, just looks away but I can see his anger... Then the guy says, hey, you kow im just joking right? .... REALLY??!!!
I just think it was a very unnecessary confrontation because he was drunk....
Urgh! Some guys are complete a**holes! I think that a lot of them haven't realised that we're not in the dark ages anymore! Women actually want an education and a successful career. Our objective in life is not all about finding a rich man that can cover us in diamonds while we sit at home and powder our noses. I know some ladies who are all about that and I find it not only sad but self-degrading as well. Thatls just my take on it... :)
ReplyDelete