Total Pageviews

Feb 28, 2011

If I were the boss

 of my own Hmmm...

Seems like such an easy question doesn't it? When I got this topic to write about I thought it was going to be easy! What makes a good boss? One that helps you along your way until you are comforable enough to fly on your own? One that pushes you to fly?.. I asked my best friend 'Google' to define: boss for me and the following came up:
  • 'foreman: a person who exercises control over workers; "if you want to leave early you have to ask the foreman"
  • a person responsible for hiring workers; "the boss hired three more men for the new job"
  • a person who exercises control and makes decisions; "he is his own boss now'
I believe being a boss means being a good leader, manager and listener. If I become a boss one day, I will share my knowledge with my staff. I will listen to my staff. I will invest time in them like I would invest time in my clients. I would expect honesty and respect from them and I would give them the same. I will end this blog with a quote I love!

"In the past a leader was a boss. Today's leaders must be partners with their people.... they no longer can lead solely based on positional power." ~ Ken Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment