Total Pageviews

Oct 4, 2012

No. 58 - Go hiking in Kirstenbosch Gardens

I created a bucket list with 100 things to do before I die and excited to start ticking off every single one. First tick => No 58 -Go hiking in Kirstenbosch Gardens.

I have been living in Cape Town for six years but only been to Kirstenbosch Gardens three times - Twice for a picnic and once for a project. I've always wanted to go hiking there and finally we did it on Saturday morning at 8pm.

We hiked for four hours in total, climbing up ladders, walking across Waterfalls and rocks to reach the top, drank fresh spring water, saw magical views at the top and had the most amazing breakfast at the bottom!

If you haven't been, you HAVE to go! It is an incredible experience! Tough and challenging, but incredible!

Kirstenbosch Gardens Virtual Tour
Kirstenbosch Gardens - Beyond the Garden
Waterfalls - We filled up our water bottles with it. YUMMY! 

What an experience!! Tried uploading more pics, but they wont rotate for some reason :-/....






2 comments:

  1. I love hiking.... and I'm an avid amateur photographer. I'm always torn between lugging all my equipment with me and ending up with some stunning shots but not enjoying the hike as much as I would without all my camera stuff, and enjoying a beautiful hike but only having phone-quality photos to show for it. Is the view that good that you recommend I take my pro camera equipment or not? Thanks, Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna,
      There is definitely potential for amazing photographs when you hike up any of the Kirstenbosch Gardens trails. I took the photographs with my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and this was the result. I wouldn't recommend taking your camera equipment up Skeleton Gorge, purely because it's a steep hike upwards and you climb over rocks and waterfalls so it's also very wet. If you do take your equipment, then make sure it's not heavy and is waterproof. Perhaps you should hike up there without your equipment, then see if you will be able to manage carrying it up next time? That is the safest option I would say. I'd love to see your photographs! Will you send them to me once you've done it? :)

      Delete