We've all been through childhood trauma at some point. It could have been the simplest little thing, or it could have been something like rape or abuse.
One thing I did - I decided to learn from others' mistakes - I saw unpleasant things that other people were doing and saying and it not only hurt me, but hurt those closest to me. The problem with making a decision like this is it ended up limiting me to wanting to do things. It made me afraid to experiencing new things or to create something new.
As I grew older and realised that life isn't so bad, it opened up new doors and new opportunities! So much so, that one day I decided to start saying YES to everything! (Legal of course).
The point is, when you decide to challenge yourself and deal with your childhood trauma, it provides you with a sense of peace, a sense of happiness that will change the course of your life.
Ask me, I've been there, done that, and I'm continuing to challenge myself in everything I decide to conquer.
After all, life IS a daring adventure and anything is possible.
Let go and move forward. The limitations have long expired and we now have a choice as adults to build our own foundations, to create our own futures.
A childhood was formed by our parents or guardians. It was their job to create an acceptable or unacceptable foundation. I still have a choice to do what makes me happy, to say what needs to be said.
A wise friend once told me: "Sometimes you have to be selfish and think about your own happiness." Of course this statement applies to doing things without your ego...
Forget the past, embrace the future and be happy!
![]() |
| Albert Einstein |

No comments:
Post a Comment