Total Pageviews

Oct 11, 2012

If not now, then when?

If we don't stop assuming that life is going to continue forever, and the people around us are going to be there forever, then life will pass us so fast and we'll end up wishing we did more TODAY... 

Life begins right now! Neale Donald Walsh

Throughout my life, I've played with the following sayings over and over again:

1. I'll do it TOMORROW
2. Let's go on a roadtrip SOMETIME
3. We can't buy that today, there is no MONEY for it
4. I don't get time for ANYTHING
5. I need to START exercising

Problem is, I never manage to do these things, or I end up doing it too late.. Instead of saying, I'll do it tomorrow, why not do it now? Why not take 5min out and do it now? Perfect example is a loved one. How many times have you said, I'll phone my dad / mom / brother tomorrow? Then it's too late? Or they get pissed off? It's happened to me too many times!

And a roadtrip! Why not turn the SOMETIME into SOON, then into December? Research, book and organise! We all need a getaway sometime.. 

There is never MONEY for something we want, but there is always money for something we need - like bread, milk, petrol, clothes, cigarettes, entrance money to clubs, drinks at clubs, etc etc.. But when we want to buy something, there is no money. It's called budgeting - I'm guilty of that! In actual fact, I'm a prime example of it! 

I don't get time for ANYTHING - Yeah, that because I don't manage my time correctly! There is always something more important to do for others, but never for myself. It's called Time Management.. 

I don't need to START exercising! I just need to find ways to incorporate it into my daily routine! For example: Don't take the lift, take the stairs! Don't drive to Canal Walk if I live less that a km away. It's called laziness! 

So next time you say: 

1. I'll do it TOMORROW - Do it NOW 
2. Let's go on a roadtrip SOMETIME - Start planning it TODAY
3. We can't buy that today, there is no MONEY for it - Start BUDGETING
4. I don't get time for ANYTHING - Start making lists and TIME MANAGE
5. I need to START exercising - No you don't - Just DON'T BE LAZY!


So if you don't DO / PLAN / BUDGET / TIME MANAGE  now, then when? 

I still believe firmly that "Anything is Possible"... 




No comments:

Post a Comment