Total Pageviews

Mar 27, 2012

We are what we do - Choices and decisions



As I start this post, I made the decision to play Bob Marley and the Wailers for some inspiration. Play it and read on :) 



Choices are wonderful, decisions are hard

* As an extra note --> The Wailers are coming to South Africa on 28 April 2012 at the Reggae Festival at the River Deck Country Estate! Here is the ticket information. *

It is such a simple concept that we are what we do. It only takes a choice to make a decision that leads you to what your future will look like. Over a year ago I posted a Tweet about what to have for breakfast and the response from my Degree lecturer Marian Pike was - Choices are wonderful, Decision are hard. It's stuck with me since then...

I've overloaded my brain lately with information on Spirituality, meanings of Chakra's and the Universe. I even bought a book by Sonia Choquette called "True Balance - A common Sense guide to renewing your Spirit." Reading this book has changed my life in so many ways and the choices I decide to make on a daily basis. It continues to be a struggle because "Habits are safer than rules; you don't have to watch them, and you don't have to keep them either. They keep you." ~ Frank Crane

Choices Quotes
Make the right choice - today
To understand that we are what we do, we need to understand the difference between a choice and a decision --> A choice is the selection of one between two things -> I can choose to wake up grumpy OR I can take the first 2-5 min every morning when I wake up, listen to the sounds and prepare myself for a good day. 
--> A decision is the act of or need to make up one's mind, the result of what you chose. Let's say you chose to wake up and take that 5 min to recoup yourself and start the day great. You will smile, you will interact with people in a friendly manner. If you chose to wake up grumpy dreading the day, interactions with other people will be dreadful... 

We are what we do by choosing how to do it, and living with the consequences of our decisions. 

Make the right choice for YOU everyday, then your decisions will lead you to a fulfilling life surrounded by people with the same outlook --> Make the choice for someone else and you will end up feeling empty and unhappy. Make the choice NOW, If not NOW, when? 

No comments:

Post a Comment