What I fear doesn't make sense. For example, I fear snakes, but I've never seen one in real life except in a tank in a zoo. I fear car accidents, but I've never been in one, just a bumper bash, nothing serious.
Others fear the 'awkward' silence during conversations with people they know or just met and many times we speak out of laziness or habit just to break the silence instead of saying something meaningful (sound familiar).
Some feel insecure about certain things and say or do something silly to protect themselves. This happens to everybody. Or even BETTER, in Cape Town traffic, people cut the queue 'accidentally' or on purpose over the yellow lines for the fear that they will be late for work? I didn't realise how much people loved work until I had to sit in traffic and watch people inconvenience others so they can get to work faster. Anyway..moving on..
So what are you afraid of? Whatever you are afraid of, you don't have to be. There are ways to overcome it. A summary checklist out of the book I'm reading called 'True Balance' by Sonia Choquette states what you need in order to live a balanced life. Here is a summary checklist out of each chapter.
Read it, don't read, use it don't use it, print it, don't print it but have a look at each one and ask yourself--> Do I have this element of my life in place or is this where my fear originates from?
I learnt a LOT and have a lot to work through to live a happy life free of fear and limitations! It's working!! Getting older and wiser is great! I hope it helps you too --->

So true, many times we fear things that we have never experienced. It’s all about overcoming and I want to make a conceited effort to face things I fear.
ReplyDeleteI believe it's the hardest thing to do.. To face your fears because it's the unknown that freaks people out.
Delete