Total Pageviews

Sep 22, 2012

Have you figured out the second head fake

Randy Pausch (1960-2008) was a 47-year-old college professor diagnosed of pancreatic cancer & had only months to live. He gave his last lecture in September 2007 - “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams”. To learn more about Pausch, watch the video below: 



I watched this last talk and all I can say is, I have figured out the second head fake. I can't tell you what it is, because the only way you'll understand is to watch his talk. It's an hour long, but worth spending an hour of your life doing. Here are a few screenshots and lessons from his talk:


"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people"


"Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out."
Randy and his wife  

Randy and his wife 
Randy talking about the jacket he held onto from highschool. Why? 'Because I can." he said
"Find the best in everybody. Wait long enough, and people will surprise and impress you. It might even take years, but people will show you their good side. Just keep waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment