Total Pageviews

Sep 22, 2012

You cannot chase two rabbits at the same time

The story goes :

A martial arts student approached his teacher with a question. "I'd like to improve my knowledge of the martian arts. In addition to learning from you, I'd like to study with another teacher in order to learn another style. What do you think of the idea? to which his martial arts teacher replied: "The hunter who chases two rabbits catches neither one."

Moral of the story:

To excel one has to focus all energy on the task at hand.

In my life this has been proven over and over again. I have attempted may hobbies but never completed or mastered any of them. Let's recap on what I've attempted to master:
  1. Belly Dancing
  2. Hip Hop Dancing
  3. Salsa Dancing
  4. Scrap booking
  5. Learning to play guitar
  6. Volunteering at the Two Oceans Aquarium 
This is a short list of what I have attempted. When I go back and think about why I never accomplished these tasks, it becomes clear. At the time I attempted dancing. I was a full time scholar, played first team netball, went to gym and participated in athletics. When I attempted scrap booking, playing guitar and volunteer, I was a full time Degree student. 

For me, the moral of the story is to either time manage and stick to it and I will complete all the tasks in time, or to take it one step at a time. One way I'll do it is to create a mind map, That's a great starting point! 


Manage your time effectively and you will end up catching both rabbits

No comments:

Post a Comment