Total Pageviews

Sep 22, 2012

The elephant in the room - Who are we kidding?

The easiest thing to do in life is blame other people for our own mistakes. This is a saying I read and learnt the hard way. One thing I learnt is that although your live life the right way, karma takes care of the rest and opportunities / challenges present itself when you least expect it to. I learnt this from watching the last lecture by Randy Pausch before he died of pancreatic cancer. 


I used to be the person who would just forgive and forget without talking about issues, tackling a problem head on and feared confrontations until I was one day faced with talking about true feelings. 

We all know the time in a relationship when there is nothing left to say except the truth, because the confrontations had built up to breaking point and it was impossible to ignore? That's because you were  both the elephants in the room. NOT a healthy combination by the way... 

The best advice I can ever give through my own personal experiences is that honesty is BY FAR the best policy in a relationship. Without honesty, you can't build a solid foundation. You can't build a solid trust relationship and you definitely can't move forward! 

An elephant in the room is defined as "an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going un-addressed. It applied that no one wants to discuss a problem that is obvious and it's impossible to overlook the awkward energy in a room. 

The big truth is better than a small lie, and if you are honest about everything you do and say around people AND when you are alone, you don't have to remember anything..... 

Just a thought... 

Albert Einstein was a wise man! Picture link

No comments:

Post a Comment