Total Pageviews

Sep 21, 2012

Why I have conversations

The best part of my day is when I get to have a conversation with someone, anyone! Even if it's a smile when I pass someone in the street - That is also a conversation, a non-verbal one.

When I have a conversation with someone, we share ideas, we gain knowledge about something and we usually become friends! 

My favourite part of a conversation is when someone shares a memory or a moment that made them so happy, they express it to me as if I was there with them. 

Only a few times in life have I had the opportunity to form close bonds with people through conversations and that is exactly why I love conversations - in search of those moments.. 

One example of a close bond that formed was last year Halloween. I was invited to a Halloween party with my best friend Natasha. We both dressed up (Fake blood and all) and stood there in between people we didn't know (We knew about three people out of 30). This one lady walked in, wearing a 'Bloody nurse' outfit. Spontaneously I said: 'Nice outfit'.. She replied: 'Thank you :)'. A few weeks later I was invited to a house party with Natasha for someone's birthday. During the evening. we heard a voice and Natasha said: Isn't that the bloody nurse?' We both walked up to her, said nothing and just stood there until she recognised us. When she did, it was an instant laugh and hugs! We thought we'd never see her again. Turns out, almost a YEAR later, the three of us are inseparable - The three biatches :) 

The day we met ... The Bloody nurse!

First picture together - Didn't know each other's names yet.. (From left to right): Tash. Me & Shirley. 
The next time we saw each other.. at a house party. (From left to right) Tash, Me and Shirley
The three of us have been inseparable since them :) (From left to right) Shirley, Tash and I 
Shirley (right) and I (left)

No comments:

Post a Comment